Terms and Conditions of Use for the BTRM Forum
1. The website www.BTRM.org (Site) is owned by BTRM Limited (company no. 9496093, registered office: 39 Sackville Road, Hove, East Sussex BN3 3WD, United Kingdom) (we, us, our etc).
Registration and Membership
3. When you register, you must choose a unique username and provide a valid email address. Duplicate usernames and email addresses are not allowed, so if the name or address you enter is already in use, you will be instructed to choose another one. Do not choose a username that may lead people to believe you are someone other than yourself as this will result in the termination of your membership.
5. When your account has been activated, you may access our Site. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Intellectual Property Rights
6. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in all of its content including the design, text, graphics, their selection and arrangement, and material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
7. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our Site. You must not modify paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our ownership (and the rights of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Site must always be acknowledged.
8. Subject to 7 above, no material from the Site, including but not limited to video content (which is digitally watermarked), may be copied or reproduced in any form. No material may be transmitted or stored in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system in whole or in part. Such action will result in the termination of your account and you could face legal action.
9. You must not use any part of the materials on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
11. No copyrighted material will be posted without the permission of the copyright holder, unless the copyright is owned by yourself or World Business Strategies Ltd.
Use of our Site:
13. Commentary and other materials posted on our Site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed in specific situations. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any Member or other person viewing material from our Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
14. On our Site, we provide forums for interaction with webinar presenters and other members. Any message or question posted on our forums expresses only the opinions of the author of the message and does not reflect our view or the view any individual or entity associated with us.
15. Your contributions to forums on our Site must:
- conform to the relevant topic;
- be accurate (where you state facts);
- not be likely to mislead or deceive any person;
- be genuinely held (where you state opinions);
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted;
- not make any advertisement, promotion or solicitation;
- not be excessive in number and flood the forum;
- not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- not be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidentiality;
- not contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- not contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- not be discriminatory on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- not promote any illegal activity.
- not be threatening, abuse or invade another person’s privacy;
- not be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- not be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- not give the impression that your view emanates from us, if that is not the case;
- not advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
16. You agree that we may edit and/or remove any forum post for whatever reason, at our discretion. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of anything which you post on our Site.
17. Any member who objects to a posted forum message can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to take such action we believe appropriate within a reasonable timeframe, but as this process is manual, please be aware that particular messages may not be removed or edited immediately. We shall not be held responsible or liable for anything posted on our Site by another user or member.
18. We reserve the right to reproduce material posted on any forum on our Site in other media.
19. When using our Site, you must:
- not transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- not do anything that may cause our Site to be interrupted, damaged or its effectiveness or functionality lessened in any way;
- not access or attempt to access any part of our Site that you are not authorised to and do not breach or attempt to breach of our any website security measures.
20. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
21. We aim to update our Site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
22. Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
23. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
24. Our site must not be framed on any other site, and you must not create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.