Frequently Asked Questions
Why consider the BTRM in preference to FRM, PRMIA, ACCA, ALMA, CFA, ACT, CertBALM or ACI qualifications?
The BTRM teaches in-depth actual practitioner best-practice in the field of bank balance sheet risk management. It addresses topics covered only lightly, if at all, in other learning programmes including subjects such as liquidity risk management, funds transfer pricing, centralised clearing, collateral management and the XVAs, to name but a few. It is taught by practitioners for practitioners
When will the BTRM commence?
Cohort 8 starts on Wednesday 17th April 2019
How long is the course?
The examined part of the course takes place over 6 months, with the examination taking place at the end of the course.
What is the fee & early bird structure?
There is a 30% discount available until 11th January, a 25% discount available until 22nd February and a 15% discount available until 22nd March, 2019.
Who should attend the BTRM?
The BTRM Certificate of Bank Treasury Risk Management will enhance the careers of the following:
- Treasury Senior Management
- Heads of ALM / Money Markets
- Asset-Liability Committee (ALCO) membership
- Heads of Balance Sheet Management
- Senior Risk Management
- Liquidity Managers
- Liquidity stress testing
- Balance Sheet Managers and Funds Transfer Pricing
- Money Markets / Repo Traders
- Collateral management
- Treasury consultant
- Product controllers
- Financial accountants
- Regulators in the liquidity risk space
- Policy analysts in central banks
Can I defer my Bank Treasury Risk Management educational learning?
At any stage during the BTRM you may defer your education until the next cohort. The cohort runs twice per annum, every April and October.
How do I write the final examination if I'm based outside of the UK?
You can write the final, unseen and written exam from a convenient examination venue, arranged by the BTRM close to or in your city.
Where do I attend the course?
The course will take place in central London with weekly lectures at 17.30 each Wednesday for 3 hours.
How do I access the live global streaming lectures?
The live streaming will be available on Cisco WebEx, you will be given weekly login access details.
What happens if I fail The BTRM?
You will have one chance to retake the final examination.
What happens if I miss a lecture week?
All the lectures are filmed and are available for you in your BTRM member’s area for the duration of the course.
Can I stagger my BTRM payments?
Yes The BTRM offers flexible payment options where candidates can pay for the course by instalments.
- Pay in full on Registration
- Full course: Pay 50% on registration and 50% in week 14
- Stage 1 Only: Pay 50% on registration and 50% in week 12
- Stage 2 Only: Pay 50% on registration and 50% in week 14 (Lecture week 23)
- Self-study pack: Pay 50% on registration and 50% prior to taking the final examination
- Full course: Pay £1000 on registration, 50% of remaining balance at week 11 and the final 50% in week 21
- Stage 1 Only: Pay £1000 on registration, 50% of remaining balance at week 6 and the final 50% in week 12
- Stage 2 Only: Pay £1000 on registration, 50% of remaining balance at week 7 (Lecture week 20) and the final 50% in week 23
- Self-study pack: Pay £1000 on registration, 50% of remaining balance to qualify for Stage 2 and the final 50% prior to taking the final examination
Is it possible to take only selected modules?
The BTRM offers two flexible study options so you can decide how to complete the course:
- Full Course: Complete the 5 modules in 6 months
- Stage 1 & 2: Complete the 5 modules in 2 x 3 month stages. Please note that candidates must pass Stage 1 and then Stage 2 to become BTRM certified. Stage 2 cannot be taken as a stand-alone.
How do I register for The BTRM?
What level of mathematics is required?
Students should have a numerate academic qualification and be familiar with spreadsheet problem solving.
What happens if I am unable to complete the course in six months?
It is possible for students to defer completion of the BTRM to the next cohort at no extra charge.